More from my site
- "If you’re putting a lot of $$$ on your Lightning routing node, please use a couple of very reliable hard drives with ZFS pool mirroring (RAID 1)! The mnemonic seed is NOT enough to recover funds from channels if something goes horribly wrong, you’ll need the latest chan state."
- My lightning node crushed, all my channels are gone. I think I lost every cent I received with it. Good that nearly nobody used it. Now I’m back to having zero liquidity, unable to receive payments …
- Paul Sztorc: “Will people really spend $70-$700 to open/modify a lightning channel when there’s an Altcoin down the street which will process a (USD-denominated) payment for $0.05 ? Many people seem to think yes but honestly I just don’t get it”
- Lightning is scaling: 1 BTC (100,000,000 satoshis) routed via the SatoshiLabs LN node in one day
- JBufferMorgan and Bufferase, Wells Buffargo, Goldman Bufferaschs, Buffer of China, HSBufferC, BufferMO, Morgan Bufferly, Buffer of America, CitiBuffer, AxbufferA are incoming!
- The centralized & unreliable Lightning Network: Over 50% of the funds are currently on 0.4% of the total nodes, and there is only a 1% chance of a $260 payment succeeding.